With people spending more time than ever at home, many homeowners are seeking new ways to improve and expand their outdoor living options. Recent reports show that 90% of Americans surveyed believe that outdoor living space is more valuable than ever before. 78% of homeowners surveyed have either already upgraded or are planning to upgrade an outdoor living area in the near future.
Homeowners don’t just want their decks, patios and porches to be aesthetically pleasing, they want them to be usable. Whether it’s for entertaining, a private retreat or to add functional living space, Americans are increasingly interested in upgrading an outdoor space for year-round use.
An Underdeck System Makes Use of Wasted Space
Installing an underdecking system under an elevated deck can make a lower patio area dry and usable. Not only does an underdeck create a private, dry outdoor living space for homeowners, but it can also serve as secure storage for lawn and gardening equipment, bicycles, and sports equipment. Or you can customize the space with ceiling fans, lighting, and a complete outdoor kitchen if you prefer. The options are really almost limitless.
An underdeck drainage system is designed to drain water away from a deck. The system uses a network of troughs and downspouts to divert water into a gutter system that moves water away from the deck, creating an area that stays dry and protected from the elements. For homeowners, the addition of an underdeck system can quickly turn the unused, damp space under a deck into an enjoyable outdoor living area.
Once an underdeck system is installed, there are numerous options for completing the area beneath the deck. Homeowners can add utilities for lighting, ceiling fans, entertainment centers, or complete kitchens.
The dry space under a deck can also be used to store lawn and garden equipment, toys, and other items. This extra storage area can free up valuable garage space and eliminate the need to constantly move tools and outdoor equipment back and forth from the garage to the backyard.
Converting the space under a second-story deck into a dry, comfortable patio area can be accomplished by installing an underdeck ceiling and gutter system. You can hire a professional to install the system or choose to do it yourself. If you’re comfortable with DIY projects and have the right tools, there are a number of DIY kits available. But most don’t provide the quality and convenience of a custom-built system like the one built by RainTight of the Carolinas.
Why RainTight Underdecking Kits Are Superior
When you’re looking for custom-made precision and quality, you can’t beat RainTight’s underdecking system. Whether you choose professional installation or want to tackle the job on your own, our solutions rise above those of our competitors.
With a RainTight underdeck system kit, you get a high-quality product that requires little maintenance. We use only aluminum in our outdoor structures because it’s strong, yet lightweight. It doesn't fade or rust and is easy to clean.
Here are five great reasons to choose a RainTight underdecking kit:
- Custom-Made. Each RainTight system is custom built specifically for each home and its specifications. This ensures that the underdeck ceilings fit perfectly and completely shield all of the water from the deck above it.
- In-House Manufacturing. Each RainTight system is manufactured in-house; no outside suppliers are used. This ensures a high level of quality control throughout the manufacturing process. The result is a high-quality product that saves customers time and money.
- Aesthetic Appeal. RainTight’s underdecking systems provide a low profile, streamlined finish to create a ceiling below the joists of your deck. The panels and gutters are seamless, smooth-finished aluminum that is virtually maintenance-free and lasts a lifetime.
- Seamless, Effective Solution. RainTight’s underdecking systems collect all of the water from rain and snow that seeps through your deck and channel it into a gutter system away from your home. The gutters and panels are seamless and the result is an underdecking system that stays 100% dry underneath.
- Durable and Long-Lasting. The rigid, heavy-gauge aluminum is guaranteed to hold up to any amount of rain or snow. RainTight underdeck ceilings are sturdy enough to support ceiling fans, lights, and other fixtures. Our aluminum underdecking will not sag or melt like vinyl or PVC products.
Choose the Best Underdecking Kit
RainTight of the Carolinas is the best choice when it comes to underdecking solutions. We can provide expert installation or you can purchase a kit and DIY if you prefer. Our online videos and thorough installation instructions have helped many homeowners successfully install their own systems. Either way, you’ll know that you’re getting a custom-made solution designed especially for your home that will last for years.
Call us at (704) 322-3055 for a free consultation. RainTight of the Carolinas serves customers throughout the greater Charlotte, North Carolina region including Asheville, Hickory, Winston-Salem, and beyond. In South Carolina, we serve customers in Rock Hill, Spartanburg, Greenville, Columbia, and Florence. Call us today to get started on your project.