We’ve had a wet spring and some hot summer days here in the St. Louis area. But there have been plenty of days when the temperatures were nice enough to enjoy the outdoors. If you have an existing patio or deck, you have a great place to grill, soak in a hot tub, or just sit outside watching the kids play in the pool or backyard. But the sun’s rays can be brutal, and the rain can ruin a great dinner or party.
Don’t let the weather drive you indoors. Instead, why not add a permanent aluminum patio cover to that patio or deck? It can expand your use of the patio and make it more enjoyable. And it’s a quick and affordable way to get more use out of your patio and better enjoy mother nature.
8 Benefits of a Patio Cover
There are many advantages to adding a permanent patio cover to your home. We’ve listed some of them below; you can probably think of a lot more.
Increase Your Outdoor Comfort. Because you don’t have to worry about the weather driving you inside, you are more apt to use your patio more often. You can cook and eat a meal without worrying about getting soaked by rain or baked by the sun. A permanent patio cover can also make your patio area up to 10 degrees cooler. Adding a ceiling fan to the cover can increase your comfort even further. Your patio will be more accessible for a longer portion of the year. Enjoy the balmy breezes without worrying about the elements.
Protect Your Furniture. You won’t have to cover up your patio furniture to keep it dry. No need to store the cushions when you’re not using them. Fading and damage from the sun is no longer a worry. Your patio cover will keep your furniture clean, dry and in good condition. When you’re ready to relax on your patio, just go outdoors and have a seat.
Protect Yourself. Getting wet from rain can be annoying and ruin your outdoor enjoyment, but it doesn’t usually harm you. That’s not the case with sun exposure. Overexposure to the sun’s damaging ultraviolet rays can cause sunburn and other skin problems. Skin cancer is a big concern for anybody who doesn’t protect their skin. A permanent patio cover will eliminate those risks because it blocks the sun from reaching you. No need to slather your body in greasy sunscreen or wear protective clothing. Relax outdoors with the assurance that you won’t be impacted by the sun.
Increase Your Home’s Appeal and Value. If you’re thinking about selling your home in the near future, the aesthetic appeal of a well-designed patio can add value and curb appeal. The right patio cover can add elegance and style to your outdoor environment. Even if you don’t have plans to sell, you will enjoy the increased ambience of your new patio for many years.
Expand Your Living Space. You can use your newly covered patio in many ways. Add music, a TV, an outdoor kitchen, a hot tub—whatever your imagination can conjure up. Everything underneath will be protected from the elements, so you won’t worry about the items being ruined by the weather. Because it’s still technically outdoors, there will be no muddy footprints or wet bathing suits ruining your indoor carpets or floors. Let the kids play video games, eat snacks and have parties. Cook and eat outdoors as a family, while not heating up the indoor kitchen.
Keep it Cooler Indoors. The patio is kept cooler with a permanent cover. By extension, the inside of your home is cooler, as well. Sunlight hits the patio cover first, drawing away the heat and UV rays from your home’s interior. The cover essentially acts as a secondary heat shield. Because your home is cooler, you may save in air conditioning costs.
Entertain More. You can use your patio to host parties and events. Invite friends and neighbors over for an impromptu gathering. Depending on what you decide to put in your protected patio space, you could cook and eat a meal, install a bar and TV to watch sporting events, you name it. Decorate it according to the event or use, with strings of lights, banners, streamers or lanterns. Add a hot tub for relaxing with friends.
Just Enjoy Nature. When your patio is more comfortable and convenient, you, your family and guests will get out and enjoy nature more often. If your patio or deck backs up to a wooded area or a stream or creek, you’ll enjoy an unobstructed view of the scenery. Get more appreciation from the up-close view of your beautiful landscaping. Listen to the birds chirping or the crickets singing. Escape into the natural environment that surrounds you.
These are just a few benefits of installing a permanent cover on your current patio. You can probably think of more ways you’ll be able to enjoy your newly covered and protected patio.
What Are Patio Covers Made From?
Patio covers can be made using four basic materials; aluminum, steel, wood, vinyl and even fabric. At RainTight, we only use aluminum in our patio covers. We believe that aluminum far surpasses the performance of the other materials. Here’s why:
- Customizable. Because aluminum is highly customizable, there are many options in designing the patio cover that’s right for you. If you have an idea on your patio cover’s design, it’s probably doable using aluminum.
- Durable. Aluminum is lightweight, yet very durable. It will withstand temperature changes without them affecting its performance or appearance.
- Value. You may save some money on patio covers made from other materials, like steel or fabric, but they won’t last nearly as long as aluminum.
- Affordable. It may not be the cheapest option, but our patio covers are priced at a cost you can afford.
- Low maintenance. Aluminum doesn’t need painting. Our patio covers are covered in an enamel coating that is baked in. It won’t rust or fade. It can be cleaned by a garden hose or wiped down with water.
- Aesthetically appealing. Our aluminum patio covers have textured surfaces, available in stucco or cedar finishes.
- Convertible. You may decide down the road to enclose your entire patio with a screened enclosure. It is very easy to convert your existing patio cover to a screen room to further expand your outdoor space and enjoyment.
Patio Cover Styles
RainTight makes our aluminum patio covers in three different styles; Standard, Midwest and Santa Fe.
- Standard. Our standard patio covers are made from sturdy, durable and maintenance free aluminum. They come in a variety of styles and designs.
- Midwest. This style of patio covers won’t clash with your home’s style. They are simplistic in appearance and come in a variety of colors to complement your décor.
- Santa Fe. The Santa Fe style presents a southwestern look. It has charming embellishments, with an open lattice structure. This is a style many homeowners prefer.
Don’t Wait Another Day to Enjoy Nature
Why wait any longer to enjoy nature from the comfort and convenience of your covered patio? Just imagine how much more you’ll be using your covered patio in comfort and style. The possibilities are endless. Contact Raintight today to learn how we can help you do that!
Raintight takes the hassle out of getting your new patio cover installed. Our easy 3-step process makes it simple:
- Plan. We’ll send a knowledgeable representative to your home. We’ll assess the space and discuss your ideas and preferences. We answer any questions you might have.
- Design. After we gather all information, we’ll design a unique solution specific to your requirements and specifications. We present the design and our bid to you for approval within 24 hours.
- Install. We’ll install the patio cover according to a mutually agreeable schedule.
You’ll have your new patio cover ready to enjoy within 4-6 weeks.
Hire the Best in the Area
RainTight is highly experienced and knowledgeable in outdoor enclosures. In addition to screen rooms, we also install underdecking systems and permanent patio covers. All of our outdoor enclosures are built to last and provide enjoyment for many years to come. We guarantee all our work—we’re not satisfied until we know we’ve exceeded your expectations.
We have been installing these enclosures since 2007 for many satisfied customers in St. Louis, St. Charles, Chesterfield, O’Fallon, MO, Ballwin, Wildwood, St. Peters, Kirkwood, Creve Coeur, Wentzville, and Maryland Heights. We strive to give all our customers superior service and products at a price you can afford.